Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Discovery Education

My last post was in 2012 and a lot has happened since then. The publication of Is it Smooth or Rough? resulted in steady part-time writing work. All this is good, although at times I have amazed even myself at how I managed to get it all finished. Writing K-12 curriculum-based science material for Discovery Education has been an exciting part-time job. There's always something new to learn whether it's the science behind the Big Bang Theory or the communication protocols to submit the work. I just finished up a 2 week stint of high school Hands-on Labs and reading passages. And just in time, since report cards are due next week. You do all remember that I teach full-time? However, in between the two paid jobs I have managed to complete Red Lukas--actually complete and revise it. I can't seem to leave it alone yet. I'm reading it aloud slowly now and can always find a sentence here or there to tweak. But I'm starting to think about the next one. I have an idea for a second one with Lukas, but also another 2 or 3 different stories percolating away. I've decided to give Red Lukas one more read-through, and then start the next one. I'll start whichever one decides to spill out first.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter