Friday, November 21, 2008

A New Thought

I had been working on a post when the news from another writer interrupted me. Mine was a "complaining" post. Having just spent two days at seminars revolving around communication with the common themes of bitterness, fear and anger, I found myself in a negative mindset.

However, reading about the breakthrough for a fellow writer has uplifted my spirit and re-inspired me.

It’s time to get back to work despite general surrounding chaos. It was a difficult week, a rejection on a PB that left me winded, as if I had been kicked in the gut--I was so sure this time it would be the one. Some difficult news on the teaching front, albeit not unexpected. And a houseful of sick kids.

No more excuses! It’s time to finish the MG and brainstorm some more PBs. It is difficult to embrace persistence when the timeline seems to be eternity, but it is the only way.

I hate regrets.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter